In case you missed the news, the Windows Azure Toolkit for Facebook was released last week during the SXSW conference that took place in Austin, Texas. The new toolkit, built by Thuzi in collaboration with Microsoft, lets developers create Facebook applications which are hosted on Windows Azure, aka Microsoft’s “cloud” platform. If an app goes viral – as many on Facebook often do – Azure automatically scales up to provide the resources you need. All you would have to do is increase the number of instances you are using and then the scaling is done.
Inside the toolkit, you’ll find the following:
- Facebook Developers Toolkit Link
- Ninject 2.0 for Dependency Injection Link
- Asp.Net MVC 2 Link
- Windows Azure Software Development Kit (February 2010) Link
- AutoMapper Link
- Azure Toolkit - Simplified library for accessing Message Queues, Table Storage and Sql Server
- Automated build scripts for one-click deployment from TFS 2010 to Azure
For more information on how to get started, check out the toolkit’s page here on Codeplex.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.