Download this episode
Host Jonathan Rozenblit goes through the monthly developer news:
- Developer Movement is back - join the Developer Movement to earn points and be rewarded for publishing Windows Store and Windows Phone apps, with bonus points for adding in Windows Azure services.
- Windows 8
- Celebrate the launch of Windows 8 with Tim Horton's - register for your Windows Store developer account, forward your confirmation email to email@example.com and enjoy. More details here.
- Get started building apps - 5 steps to get you going
- App Labs are starting to fill up fast. If you'd like to give your app a test drive on Windows 8 devices and have access to expert help, make sure to register for an app lab appointment today.
- Windows Phone 8 - The Windows Phone 8 developer platform is here. Get started.
- Live from DevTeach Montreal (LIVE, December 10, 6:30pm ET) - Howard Dierking from Microsoft Corp. keynotes DevTeach - Beyond VMs: From Saving Money to Adding Value. Of course everyone wants to save money – right? But how true is this in practice when it comes to cloud computing? And more importantly, if the cloud is little more than a bunch of rented virtual machines hosted by someone else, are you actually saving money? At the end of the day, business exists not to save money, but to make it, and if you're going to invest in the cloud, you should expect it to help you make money. Put another way, the cloud should be about adding value, not simply reducing costs. Come learn how Windows Azure makes the cloud into something that helps you reach more clients, gain deeper business insights, and yea, even save some money in the process.
- Office and SharePoint DevCamp (LIVE, December 14, 8:00am ET) - Covering topics such as building apps for Office, SharePoint, and Office 365 using web technologies you already know and leveraging the new Cloud app model, and more.
Be in the know of all developer events happening across Canada. Check out the Canadian Developer Events directory and make sure to subscribe via RSS, email, or iCal to be notified as soon as new events are added or existing ones are modified.
- Pure Imagination - 4 tracks, 23 sessions covering everything you need to know to turn your idea into the next great Canadian app.
- Rise to the Modern App Challenge - Microsoft and ALM Certified Partner experts explore today's IT reality, modern app development challenges, and how tools such as Visual Studio 2012 and Team Foundation Server 2012 can help remedy those challenges.
From all of us here at Microsoft Canada, happy holidays! Happy New Year! See you in 2013!
D³: LIVE & INTERACTiVE
In case you haven't heard about the show, Developers, Developers, Developers: LIVE & INTERACTIVE (D³) is a monthly show hosted by Jonathan Rozenblit. The show airs live every first Wednesday of the month at 12:00 PM ET and features the latest updates on what's new and exciting in the world of development; featured presentations; and guests. LIVE and INTERACTIVE means that you'll be part of the show – You're invited to interact with us; ask questions and get them answered; and share your thoughts and opinions.
Join the Canadian Developer Connection LinkedIn group
Like D³ on Facebook
Subscribe to podcasts via iTunes, Zune, or RSS
Download the Canadian Developer Connection Windows Store app
Download the Canadian Developer Connection Windows Phone app
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.