Download this episode
This screencast with Chris Bowen takes an all-demo look at what's new in Visual Studio 2010. Based on a session given for the Northeast
Roadshow ("Visual Studio 2010 - That's a 10-4, Good Buddy!") you'll see many new features, from editing and debugging to extending Visual Studio itself.
- Introduction - Comparing Visual Studio 2010 Versions (see Visual Studio Products page)
- [1:29] Demo - Start Page, New Project Dialog (Sort, Search, Multitargeting), Web Project Types, Add Item Dialog
- [6:26] Demo - Coding Features: IntelliSense, Navigate To
- [9:05] Demo - Box Selection/Typing, Identifier Highlighting
- [10:56] Demo - Call Hierarchy
- [12:29] Demo - Extending Visual Studio: Visual Studio Gallery, Extension Manager
- [17:23] Demo - Web Development: Snippets
- [20:19] Demo - Web Development: Publishing
- [21:18] Demo - Web Development: Environment-Specific Configuration
- [23:16] Resource - Visual Studio 2010 & .NET 4 Training Kit
- [24:09] Demo - Debugging: Breakpoints
- [26:31] Demo - Debugging: Data Tips
- [29:44] Demo - Debugging: IntelliTrace
- [34:35] Resources & Conclusion
Slides for this session, and other Northeast Roadshow sessions, can be found on the Code Gallery.
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.