Download this episode
This screencast with Chris Bowen takes an all-demo look at what's new in Visual Studio 2010. Based on a session given for the Northeast
Roadshow ("Visual Studio 2010 - That's a 10-4, Good Buddy!") you'll see many new features, from editing and debugging to extending Visual Studio itself.
- Introduction - Comparing Visual Studio 2010 Versions (see Visual Studio Products page)
- [1:29] Demo - Start Page, New Project Dialog (Sort, Search, Multitargeting), Web Project Types, Add Item Dialog
- [6:26] Demo - Coding Features: IntelliSense, Navigate To
- [9:05] Demo - Box Selection/Typing, Identifier Highlighting
- [10:56] Demo - Call Hierarchy
- [12:29] Demo - Extending Visual Studio: Visual Studio Gallery, Extension Manager
- [17:23] Demo - Web Development: Snippets
- [20:19] Demo - Web Development: Publishing
- [21:18] Demo - Web Development: Environment-Specific Configuration
- [23:16] Resource - Visual Studio 2010 & .NET 4 Training Kit
- [24:09] Demo - Debugging: Breakpoints
- [26:31] Demo - Debugging: Data Tips
- [29:44] Demo - Debugging: IntelliTrace
- [34:35] Resources & Conclusion
Slides for this session, and other Northeast Roadshow sessions, can be found on the Code Gallery.
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.