Download this episode
This screencast with Chris Bowen is a brief introduction to Windows Azure from the developer's perspective. Based on a session given for the Northeast Roadshow ("Windows Azure - What, Why, and a Peek Under the Hood") this walks through the essentials of the Windows Azure platform and how to develop Windows Azure applications.
- [3:52] Roles
- [5:42] Instances
- [7:16] Development Overview
- [8:01] Getting the Tools, Web Platform Installer
- [9:57] Demo - First Windows Azure Application
- [14:44] Demo - The Cloud Service Project, Settings
- [16:43] Demo - Running the Windows Azure Application, Developer Fabric UI
- [19:38] Demo - Publishing & Deployment Options
- [21:26] A Look at the Hardware Behind Windows Azure
- [22:38] Windows Azure Architecture, Fabric, Fabric Controller
- [24:06] A Deployment Example
- [27:36] Storage Options
- [29:43] Windows Azure AppFabric
- [31:11] Pricing
- [33:30] Resources & Conclusion
Slides for this session, and other Northeast Roadshow sessions, can be found on the Code Gallery.
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.