This screencast with Chris Bowen is a brief introduction to Windows Azure from the developer's perspective. Based on a session given for the Northeast Roadshow ("Windows Azure - What, Why, and a Peek Under the Hood") this walks through the essentials of the Windows Azure platform and how to develop Windows Azure applications.
- [3:52] Roles
- [5:42] Instances
- [7:16] Development Overview
- [8:01] Getting the Tools, Web Platform Installer
- [9:57] Demo - First Windows Azure Application
- [14:44] Demo - The Cloud Service Project, Settings
- [16:43] Demo - Running the Windows Azure Application, Developer Fabric UI
- [19:38] Demo - Publishing & Deployment Options
- [21:26] A Look at the Hardware Behind Windows Azure
- [22:38] Windows Azure Architecture, Fabric, Fabric Controller
- [24:06] A Deployment Example
- [27:36] Storage Options
- [29:43] Windows Azure AppFabric
- [31:11] Pricing
- [33:30] Resources & Conclusion
Slides for this session, and other Northeast Roadshow sessions, can be found on the Code Gallery.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.