This screencast with Chris Bowen is a brief introduction to developing applications for Windows Phone 7. Based on a session given for the Northeast
Roadshow, this introduces the design of Windows Phone 7, options for creating applications (using Silverlight and XNA), obtaining developer tools, and working with those tools.
- [0:37] Glanceable Interface
- [1:11] Metro Design Language
- [1:44] Hubs
- [2:56] Learning More About the UI - WindowsPhone7.com
- [3:36] Types of Development - Silverlight & XNA
- [6:03] Common Capabilities for Applications
- [6:34] Getting the Developer Tools
- [7:24] Demo - Creating a Silverlight Windows Phone 7 Application with Expression Blend 4 & Visual Studio 2010
- [14:52] Demo - Windows Phone Emulator Tips & Visual Studio 2010 Options
- [17:17] Resources & Conclusion
Slides for this session, and other Northeast Roadshow sessions, can be found on the Code Gallery.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.