This screencast with Chris Bowen is a brief introduction to developing applications for Windows Phone 7. Based on a session given for the Northeast
Roadshow, this introduces the design of Windows Phone 7, options for creating applications (using Silverlight and XNA), obtaining developer tools, and working with those tools.
- [0:37] Glanceable Interface
- [1:11] Metro Design Language
- [1:44] Hubs
- [2:56] Learning More About the UI - WindowsPhone7.com
- [3:36] Types of Development - Silverlight & XNA
- [6:03] Common Capabilities for Applications
- [6:34] Getting the Developer Tools
- [7:24] Demo - Creating a Silverlight Windows Phone 7 Application with Expression Blend 4 & Visual Studio 2010
- [14:52] Demo - Windows Phone Emulator Tips & Visual Studio 2010 Options
- [17:17] Resources & Conclusion
Slides for this session, and other Northeast Roadshow sessions, can be found on the Code Gallery.