Download this episode
In this brief screencast,
Jim O'Neil, Developer Evangelist in the Northeast, walks through a few quick demos of some of the new language features (in both Visual Basic and C#) that were introduced with .NET 4 and Visual Studio 2010.
If you're looking for a particular feature, you can fast forward based on the following timeline:
- [0:12] Welcome
- [0:40] Visual Basic - multi-line lambdas
- [1:20] Visual Basic - the "unemployed underscore"
- [1:35] Visual Basic - list initializers
- [2:06] C# - default and named parameters
- [3:30] C# - dynamic keyword
- [4:56] C# - contravariance
- [6:00] F# - 'new kid on the block'
Slides for this session and other Northeast Roadshow sessions, can be found on the Code Gallery.
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.