Download this episode
In this brief screencast,
Jim O'Neil, Developer Evangelist in the Northeast, walks through a few quick demos of some of the new language features (in both Visual Basic and C#) that were introduced with .NET 4 and Visual Studio 2010.
If you're looking for a particular feature, you can fast forward based on the following timeline:
- [0:12] Welcome
- [0:40] Visual Basic - multi-line lambdas
- [1:20] Visual Basic - the "unemployed underscore"
- [1:35] Visual Basic - list initializers
- [2:06] C# - default and named parameters
- [3:30] C# - dynamic keyword
- [4:56] C# - contravariance
- [6:00] F# - 'new kid on the block'
Slides for this session and other Northeast Roadshow sessions, can be found on the Code Gallery.
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.