Play Northeast Roadshow: Parallel Programming with .NET 4
This screencast with Chris Bowen is an overview of writing parallel code using the new classes and features available in .NET Framework 4 and the tools in Visual Studio 2010. Based on a session given for the Northeast Roadshow, this walks through the basics of parallel programming, Tasks, PLINQ, data structures, debugging, and performance analysis.
- [1:40] Parallelism
- [3:29] Contention
- [5:25] Threads, Thread Pool, Tasks & the TPL
- [8:12] Demo - The Task Class
- [14:42] Demo - PLINQ
- [20:18] Data Structures & Primitives
- [21:33] Demo - Barrier Class & CancellationSource/Token
- [25:36] The Parallel Class
- [27:09] Demo - Parallel Invoke() & For()
- [30:04] Demo - Visual Studio 2010 Parallel Stacks & Parallel Tasks Windows
- [32:41] Demo - Visual Studio 2010 Concurrency Visualizer
- [39:08] Other Tools & Technologies for Parallel Computing
- [40:57] Resources & Conclusion
Slides for this session, and other Northeast Roadshow sessions, can be found on the Code Gallery.