Download this episode
At TechEd Europe 2012 I interviewed Alan Meeus, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Windows Phone, about the recent announcement of Windows Phone 8 and we discuss all of the new features for IT Pros / Enterprises. More specifically:
- [01:48] What does it mean for an IT Pro audience that the phone will be built on the same Windows Core as Windows 8?
- [03:44] What is SecureBoot and Device Encryption and how does it work with Windows Phone 8?
- [04:36] Is the USB storage encryption also included in the on-device encryption for Windows Phone 8?
- [05:55] Can you enable on-device encryption with Windows Phone 8 through Exchange Active Sync?
- [06:16] What are the ways in which we can manage Windows Phone 8?
- [07:45] What does it take to setup a Company Application Hub for Windows Phone 8?
- [09:45] Where and how can the application for the company hub be hosted / deployed / loaded?
- [11:33] What should IT Pros be thinking about all-up with Windows Phone 8?
- [12:49] What should an organization be thinking about regarding NFC?
- [15:43] What are the differences in the way Windows Phone 8 implements NFC versus Google Android Phones?
Connect with the Edge Team:
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.