Download this episode
Craig Kitterman (Sr Technical Evangelist) and Sumit Chawla(Technical PM/Architect) from the Microsoft Interoperability Strategy Team were at MIX10 talking about Windows Azure Interoperability.
Sumit gave a talk (“Building PHP Applications using the Windows Azure Platform”) where he announced the new Windows Azure Command-line Tools for PHP Community Technology Preview (CTP). The tools are available under an open source BSD license.
In a nutshell, these tools enable developers to easily package and deploy PHP applications to Windows Azure using a simple command-line tool without any Integrated Development Environment (IDE). This project is actually the result of feedback we received from many PHP developers who are using various IDEs (or none), who told us that a command-line tool would be a great addition to the Windows Azure Tools for Eclipse project.
- Codeplex Project site: http://azurephptools.codeplex.com/
- Blog post: New command-line tool for PHP to deploy applications on Windows Azure
- Interoperability Bridges: Windows Azure Command-line Tools for PHP
- Window Azure Interoperability Overview
- Technical Bridges related to Windows Azure
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.