Download this episode
Announced in March 2010, the Windows Azure Command-line Tool for PHP enables developers to easily package and deploy new or existing PHP applications to Windows Azure using a simple command-line tool without an Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
To get familiar with the tools watch this video where Sumit Chawla, Technical PM/Architect, Microsoft Interoperability Strategy Team presents the new features and demo how to deploy a PHP application (using WordPress with SQL Server Build) to Windows Azure.
This demo is actually an abstract of the “Welcome to the Cloud: Windows Azure Command-line tools for PHP” webcast I presented last Friday as part of
PHP Architect webcast series. The entire recording will be available soon at:
- Codeplex Project site: http://azurephptools.codeplex.com/
- Blog post: post New command-line tool for PHP to deploy applications on Windows Azure
- Interoperability Bridges: Windows Azure Command-line Tools for PHP
- Window Azure Interoperability Overview
- Technical Bridges related to Windows Azure
- Running WordPress on Windows with SQL Server: http://wordpress.visitmix.com/
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.