Just four months ago we unveiled 10 with a simple dream: create a place for people with both a passion for technology and also a desire to change the world.
Along the way we have covered a wide range of topics. Some ofthe content youloved and some didn't quite meet the mark. One consistent piece of feedback you gave us was that 10 lacked a purpose and the major side effect was that our content often was all over the map. As a team we took that to heart and wrote what the 10 Manifesto. This manifesto is a set of principles we'll use as a compass to help guide us forward.
The 10 Manifesto
- One band of passionate digital citizens reaching out to enthusiasts around the globe.
- Two-way communication that is based on mutual respect will lead to success.
- Three degrees make up the interview: The medium, the subject, and the conversation.
- Four corners of the world encompass millions of ideas and a shared global imagination.
- Five by five is how we communicate; with maximum strength and clarity.
- Six minutes of headlines and links isn’t enough. We want to create opinions, depth, and focus.
- Seven days a week we hunt for discussions on seven continents. Work and life can be synthesized
- Eight bits of media will grow into more than just bytes of data. They should inform and enthrall.
- Nine plus Ten is much more than nineteen. Together we can teach, listen, and learn together.
10 is all of these things, but most important it is what our users make it. Listen to everyone.
These principles were what we used to guide every step of this release and it will be how we measure our content moving forward. We hope that we've made the site easier to use and that our new forums will allow you to connect with your peers from across the globe and discuss a wide variety of subjects.
Thank you for being a part of the launch of 10, we're looking forward to your feedback as we begin this journey together.