jeffsand

The PDC05 Flair

Download this episode

Download Video

Description

You want me to what on my weblog? :->

We've created some flair that we hope you'll put on your weblog to help promote the PDC. If you add them to your blog we'll add you to our Flair Sightings page that shows your address along with the number of referrals you've sent our way.

Don't like the versions we've created? No problem, you can create your own and upload them to our flair forum.

In this video Jeff talks more about the PDC Flair.

Tag:

PDC 2005

Embed

Format

Available formats for this video:

Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.

    The Discussion

    • nightski
      This seems like such a cool thing, but why name it flair??!?!  Anyone who has seen Office Space must think this = bad Smiley

      So do you want us to just express ourselves?  Or meet the bare minimum?
    • ioStorm
      If you could just go ahead and put some flair on your blog, that would be greeeaaaiht...
    • dreamz_infi​net
      Should the flair be sighted only in blogs? Can't it be a home page or a user group community?
    • Charles
      dreamz_infinet wrote:
      Should the flair be sighted only in blogs? Can't it be a home page or a user group community?


      There is no blog requirement. Flair away!
    • Minh
      Psssssttt... If this is like C9 Guy Around the World, then the image is turned to a JPG, right? Which has no transparent background & makes it, oh so tough, to match with a web site.
    • Charles
      Minh wrote:
      Psssssttt... If this is like C9 Guy Around the World, then the image is turned to a JPG, right? Which has no transparent background & makes it, oh so tough, to match with a web site.


      Transparent images are not supported (don't want to use unsafe code on the server). Sorry. If you're worried about it, just put a 1 px solid border around your graphic. That way, it will look good on multiple backgrounds...

      C
    • UnnDunn
      If you want me to put 37 pieces of flair on my site, like your pretty-boy Steve, why not just make the minimum 37 pieces of flair?
    • waltal
      Ironically, I can put PDC flair into this comment, yet I cannot add PDC flair to my MSN Spaces Blog!  As I comment here

      I'll spare the demonstration of putting PDC flair into a comment on PDC flair.  That would tempt the Gods of Recursion to strike Channel 9 with their lightning...
    • jeffsand
      waltal wrote:
      Ironically, I can put PDC flair into this comment, yet I cannot add PDC flair to my MSN Spaces Blog!  As I comment here

      I'll spare the demonstration of putting PDC flair into a comment on PDC flair.  That would tempt the Gods of Recursion to strike Channel 9 with their lightning...


      But you can put a hyperlink in right?

      In your contest entry post provide a link to:

      http://channel9.msdn.com/pdc/pdcfiends.aspx?contest=true

      Your entry should now show up on our Contest Entries page.

      Thanks!
    • Andre Da Costa
      Jeff Sand, you remind me of Steve Jobs, both of you have the same initials. Smiley

      I created my flair, you can check it out here
    • waltal
      Thanks Jeff.  I'll have an entry or two ready RSN!

    Comments closed

    Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.