Download this episode
The majority of Web sites have the need to display a list of frequently asked questions to their users. Although it's not difficult to create a simple set of FAQ pages, creating a great user experience that supports searching for FAQs, filtering, and paging, can become more difficult. Furthermore, this is often common functionality that has to be implemented repeatedly in multiple Web sites.
The goal for this Web Application Toolkit is to provide a reusable set of assets, like ASP.NET pages, data access code, and database schemas, for integrating Frequently Asked Questions into your own Web application. The FAQ pages of this Toolkit include the following features:
- Browse and view FAQs organized by topics
- An interactive user experience using jQuery and ASP.NET AJAX
- Search for FAQs by keywords
- Access FAQs through friendly URLs (for example /Faq/bidding-and-buying/how-do-i-buy-an-item)
- FAQs Ratings
Downloads and Links
- Download this toolkit here.
- For screencasts about other Web Application Toolkits, click here.
- To download other Web Application Toolkits, click here.
We love to hear your feedback, ideas and comments so drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep up-to-date with the latest releases of Web App Toolkits by subscribing to the blog http://blogs.msdn.com/webapptoolkits or following us on Twitter here: http://www.twitter.com/microsoftweb
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.