On 7th October 2010 at the Odeon Cinema in Manchester, UK, a community event dedicated to Windows Phone 7 development was held with speakers such as Andy Wigley and Rob Miles who delivered the Windows Phone 7 Jump Start training. From the registration site:
"This event is all about Windows Phone 7. One day of demo-rich presentations where you can learn about developing Silverlight and XNA apps for Windows Phone. Come along and get ready to share in the excitement of the launch of this brand new phone platform.
On the day you’ll hear from speakers and MVPs from Appa Mundi and the .NET developer community including some of the top-rated speakers from Tech Ed! We will have some of the Microsoft UK Developer Team on hand to help out and chat to attendees."
Here are the links to the individual sessions (links will become active as more sessions are published).
- Session 0: "Windows Phone 7: A Different Kind of Phone" with Andrej Radinger
- Session 1: "Understanding the Windows Phone 7 Development Tools and Getting Started" with Maarten Struys
- Session 2: "Silverlight App Development on Windows Phone 7" with Andy Wigley
- Session 3: "Integrating with the device capabilities (location, camera, contacts, phone)" with Andy Wigley
- Session 4: "Raising the dead: Programming Silverlight Apps that survive Tombstoning" with Andy Wigley
- Session 5: "Games Programming on Windows Phone 7 with Silverlight and XNA" with Rob Miles
- Session 6: "How to sell Apps through Marketplace" with Rob Miles
- Session 7: "Creating an application for WP7 with Cortexica’s ‘visual search’ API" with Tricky Bassett
- Session 8: "Creating WP7 Apps that work offline" with Andrej Radinger
The event was sponsored by