Download this episode
On 7th October 2010 at the Odeon Cinema in Manchester, UK, a community event dedicated to Windows Phone 7 development took place. All the session were recorded. This session is:
Session 2: "Silverlight App Development on Windows Phone 7" with Andy Wigley
"In this session, you will learn how to adopt the ‘Metro’ styling in your Windows Phone 7 Silverlight apps. You will also get an overview of how the built in controls work, and how to tailor the user input to match your requirements. We also take a look at page navigation within a multi-form Silverlight application on the phone and how to use the navigation inputs for best effect. We’ll also look at two key areas unique to Windows Phone 7 – implementing menus using the ApplicationBar, and how to handle phone orientation changes."
Here are the links to the individual sessions (links will become active as more sessions are published)
- Session 0: "Windows Phone 7: A Different Kind of Phone" with Andrej Radinger
- Session 1: "Understanding the Windows Phone 7 Development Tools and Getting Started" with Maarten Struys
- Session 2: "Silverlight App Development on Windows Phone 7" with Andy Wigley
- Session 3: "Integrating with the device capabilities (location, camera, contacts, phone)" with Andy Wigley
- Session 4: "Raising the dead: Programming Silverlight Apps that survive Tombstoning" with Andy Wigley
- Session 5: "Games Programming on Windows Phone 7 with Silverlight and XNA" with Rob Miles
- Session 6: "How to sell Apps through Marketplace" with Rob Miles
- Session 7: "Creating an application for WP7 with Cortexica’s ‘visual search’ API" with Tricky Bassett
- Session 8: "Creating WP7 Apps that work offline" with Andrej Radinger
The event was sponsored by
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.