Download this episode
On 7th October 2010 at the Odeon Cinema in Manchester, UK, a community event dedicated to Windows Phone 7 development took place. All the session were recorded. This session is:
Session 7: "Creating an application for WP7 with Cortexica’s ‘visual search’ API" with Tricky Bassett
"Devices have changed the way that super-brands connect with their customers. If you want to compete in this cluttered marketplace it's essential that you evolve your product or service into a unique brand. Get the thoughts of Tricky on 'experience design' and the methods that his team have put into practice on their first Windows Phone 7 application. This session covers the iterative approach that Tricky and his team use to design experiences, including: Branding, sketching and conceptualisation."
Here are the links to the individual sessions (links will become active as more sessions are published)
- Session 0: "Windows Phone 7: A Different Kind of Phone" with Andrej Radinger
- Session 1: "Understanding the Windows Phone 7 Development Tools and Getting Started" with Maarten Struys
- Session 2: "Silverlight App Development on Windows Phone 7" with Andy Wigley
- Session 3: "Integrating with the device capabilities (location, camera, contacts, phone)" with Andy Wigley
- Session 4: "Raising the dead: Programming Silverlight Apps that survive Tombstoning" with Andy Wigley
- Session 5: "Games Programming on Windows Phone 7 with Silverlight and XNA" with Rob Miles
- Session 6: "How to sell Apps through Marketplace" with Rob Miles
- Session 7: "Creating an application for WP7 with Cortexica’s ‘visual search’ API" with Tricky Bassett
- Session 8: "Creating WP7 Apps that work offline" with Andrej Radinger
The event was sponsored by
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.