Eliot Stein from SmartThings shares with us their app they created for Windows. Listen in and learn how you can turn your home into a smart home with the help of SmartThings and your Windows device.
SmartThings is the easiest way to turn your home into a smart home. You can secure your home for a fraction of the cost of a traditional home security system, stay connected to loved ones wherever you are, and control and automate lights and electronics to complement your patterns and preferences. To start, simply download the free Windows app; plug in the SmartThings Hub, and then add as many smart sensors, locks, light switches, outlets, and more to start controlling and monitoring your from anywhere in the world using your smartphone. The SmartThings Windows app allows you to receive important notifications about what’s happening in your home, secure and lock your doors, control energy use, and trigger things in your home to perform different actions when people come and go.
- Receive notifications when people, pets, and cars arrive and leave
- Know when doors, drawers, and valuable items open, close, or move
- Set your lights to turn on or off when you come, go, or when different things happen
- Trigger window A/C or space heaters to turn on when you leave work
- Turn on a light or TV in response to motion at night
- Use your smartphone to automatically perform actions based upon your location
- Monitor and control your energy use SmartThings version 1.0.4 includes several bug fixes, user interface improvements and overall performance improvements for an improved user experience and increased stability. In addition we have also added several new features to this release
- Group/upgrouping device tiles
- Group activity log
- Device activity log
- Sorting of the dashboard
- Alerts for Hub offline or hub not connected
- Color picker for hue bulbs
- Image carousel for cameras
For more information please visit us at www.SmartThings.com
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.