Download this episode
Massiel Scheibner from WeatherSphere share with us their app they developed for the Windows platform. Listen in and and learn how this one of a kind app can show rain in real-time, along with snowfall, lightning strikes, tornadoes, hurricane forecast tracks, severe weather warning areas, clickable storm direction arrows, national drought severity, and wildfire locations --- all on the same map!
Simple yet powerful app that shows amazing real-time hi-def animated weather radar images in vivid color on a highly responsive interactive map, along with weather forecast and snowfall on the same map.
- This is the only app that automatically augments land-based radar images with latest images from NOAA satellites covering the Atlantic/Pacific oceans into one single screen. This lets you track and follow the upcoming hurricanes and storms all from the same map.
- This is the only app that allows *you* to control the loop speed, and also choose the interval between individual frames from 5 minutes all the way to 1 hr, and also change the number of frames shown in animation.
- Easily bookmark multiple locations so you can do a quick radar + forecast check for all your important places in just a few seconds.
- Coverage Notes: If you live in a very-high-altitude town in Colorado (e.g. Fraser, Vail, Aspen), most likely this app will not meet your needs since radar beams get blocked by the tall mountains. Alaska coverage includes only the southern coastal areas, and does not include the Aleutian Chain. Also cloud coverage does not include Alaska and Guam.
This app is only useful for users in the US, including all 50 states and territories including Puerto Rico and Guam.
- Sharp images
- Choose between Radar layer for rain or Cloud Coverage layer.
- Check the current weather + forecast for any point on the map
- Fast Loading
- Near real-time, shows the latest radar images within minutes of being gathered.
- Bookmark multiple locations for quick access
- Intuitive Play/pause/manual modes for moving between frames.
- See images from up to 6 hours ago by increasing frame interval and number of frames to maximum
- Get fast support from within the app
For more information please visit us at WeatherSphere.com
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.