In this video, Sarah Sexton walks us through building your first Node.js app from scratch, all the way to deploying it on Azure.
For more information, check out these resources, including a course on Microsoft Virtual Academy. "Get Started: Chat Application" on Socket.io is also a fantastic first project resource to learn web dev using Node.js. "Git-it – Learn Git and GitHub basics" by Jessica Lord is an amazing resource for learning the basics of Git.
- Microsoft Azure
- Get Started: Chat Application
- "Git-it" – Learn Git and GitHub basics.
- Deploying from local git repository to Azure websites (with video)
- Open source workshops that teach web software skills.
- A chatroom for all! Part 1 - Introduction to Node.js
- Create a Node.js chat application with Socket.IO in Azure App Service
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.