Download this episode
This video will walk you through how to configure and integrate HockeyApp with Xamarin.Forms:
We started off by following the HockeyApp documentation (How To Integrate HockeyApp with Xamarin).
During development, we recorded the actual HockeyApp integration process on video, to provide you with a rundown of exactly what you need to know to bring HockeyApp into your project!
In this video, we capture a real-life example of bringing HockeyApp into a Xamarin Mobile App project, which includes:
- [00:33] - How to create a HockeyApp account
- [04:15] - How to create a new app manually in the HockeyApp dashboard
- [06:50] - How to add HockeyApp crash analytics (Android / iOS)
- [20:10] - How to add team members to your app
- [21:27] - The How and Why for adding HockeyApp custom event tracking in a Xamarin.Forms app (See: Gavin Bauman's Blog & Paul DeCarlo's repo)
- [50:30] - How to integrate HockeyApp with VSTS to allow deploying builds directly to your user via HockeyApp (Documentation)
- [55:05] - How to add the HockeyApp VSTS widget for quick access to HockeyApp analytics (Documentation)
Our project contained a scenario where we needed to capture custom metrics from our shared code in our Xamarin projects in order to assess user behavior. This required a customized solution using dependency injection to allow access to values in the shared code from our platform-specific projects.
We needed to use Dependency Injection to see this project through. Step-by-step instructions on how this was done are available on Gavin Bauman's Blog. While the source code for this video will not be available because it is a private project, Paul DeCarlo's GitHub repo (HockeyApp Integration for Xamarin Forms) contains all the lines of code used throughout the narration.
Note: Viewers will notice that Intellisense in Xamarin.Forms code doesn't work in Visual Studio 2015. One work-around for this issue is to install 3rd-party software such as ReSharper.
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.