Download this episode
In this video I walk you through an install of Ubuntu Linux 15.10 as a Generation 2 VM in azure. Then I install the LXDE Xwindows desktop. I then install XRDP. Next I add the .xsession file to use LXDE. Lastly, you don't want to forget to open port 3389 on the Azure firewall. The you can use an RDP to connect to the desktop.
For your convenience here are the steps we will go through:
- Create Ubuntu 15.10 Gen2 VM (Resource Managed)
- ssh into VM with Putty
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install lxde
- sudo apt-get install xrdp
- echo startlxde > ~/.xsession
- sudo /etc/init.d/xrdp start
- open port 3389 in Azure firewall
- RDP to Ubuntu desktop :)
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.