Download this episode
In this ALL DEMO three (3) part series we will take a look at Office 2010 and SharePoint 2010. Specifically, we will look at integration and how these great new products are made to work. Once you are done with the video's come back here to go step by step through setting up your own SharePoint lab in the Azure Cloud.
In part I we look at Outlook 2010 and SharePoint Search to highlight the following:
- Outlook 2010
- Display By Conversation
- Ignore Conversation
- Quick Steps
- Schedule a Meeting
- Distribution Lists
- History of Conversation
- Create your own QuickSteps
- SharePoint Search
- Searching for People
- Social Distance
- Lots of new features for collaboration built in
- Starting a chat
- Integration with Communicator
- Share Desktop using communications server integration
Links to the Entire Series:
Links to the Entire SharePoint and Office 2010 Series:
- Part I: An Inside Look At Outlook and SharePoint People Search
- Part II: An Inside Look At PivotTables and SharePoint BI Integration
- Part III: A Glance at SharePoint Workspace, Document Sets, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint Search
If you like this post, please visit my blog to see other articles that may be of interest. Many posts on Windows, Windows Server, Cloud, Virtualization, SharePoint and Security. Many more post on these great topics as well as System Center Operations Manager, System Center Configuration Manager and many other technology topics.
Another Post with video that may be of interest... Planning for Office 2010 and SharePoint 2010
Also probably of interest Business Intelligence (BI) in SharePoint 2010
See Below for Step-By-Step of setting up your own SharePoint Lab in Azure
Windows Azure Infrastructure Services provides cloud-based storage, virtual networks and virtual machines that can be provisioned on-demand to support lab, pilot or production application workloads. In this multi-part Step-By-Step hands on lab format we will walk you through the entire process. The introduction and index post can be found at: Hands-on Lab: Build a SharePoint Dev-Test Farm in the Cloud using Windows Azure Infrastructure Services (Part 0 – Introduction)
In this Hands-on Lab, you'll build a functional Dev/Test lab environment for SharePoint Server 2013 that consists of three virtual machines on a common virtual network running in Windows Azure Infrastructure Services.
In this Step-By-Step Hand on Lab Guide, you will learn how to:
- Get Started with Windows Azure Infrastructure Services
- Register a DNS Server in Windows Azure
- Define a Virtual Network in Windows Azure
- Configure Windows Server Active Directory in a Windows Azure VM
- Configure SQL Server 2012 in a Windows Azure VM
- Configure SharePoint Server 2013 in a Windows Azure VM
- Wrap up and SAVE SOME TIME & MONEY!!!
See Source post for full word version of step-by-step guide, Lab requirements and Lab conventions.
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.