Download this episode
In this ALL DEMO three (3) part series we will take a look at Office 2010 and SharePoint 2010. Specifically, we will look at integration and how these great new products are made to work together.
In part II we look at SharePoint Business Intelligence (BI) Integration and Excel PivotTables
- Business Intelligence
- Real-time Charting
- Graphical Drill Down into data
- Decomposition Tree
- Data Connections – predefined
- PivotTables - Look at real BI data in Excel PivotTable
- Creating PivotTable
- Insert Slicers - real-time filtering (slicing and dicing) of data
- Saving locally or to SharePoint
- PivotTable Row Labels
- PivotTable Report filters
- PivotTable YQMD field (Year Quarter Month Day)
- PivotTable Insert SparkLines - Inline graphical depiction of data great for looking at inline trend analysis
- PowerPivot - Connect to external datasource and merge with Excel ... work pivots with millions of rows of data
Links to the Entire SharePoint and Office 2010 Series:
- Part I: An Inside Look At Outlook and SharePoint People Search
- Part II: An Inside Look At PivotTables and SharePoint BI Integration
- Part III: A Glance at SharePoint Workspace, Document Sets, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint Search
If you like this post, please visit my blog to see other articles that may be of interest. Many posts on Windows, Windows Server, Cloud, Virtualization, SharePoint and Security. Many more post on these great topics as well as System Center Operations Manager, System Center Configuration Manager and many other technology topics.
Another Post with video that may be of interest... Planning for Office 2010 and SharePoint 2010
Also probably of interest Business Intelligence (BI) in SharePoint 2010
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.