Download Unity3D here:
Download the Nightmares asset package from the Unity Asset Store here: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/40756
Sarah Sexton is a Technical Evangelist Microsoft, Chicago, IL.
- Learned about the Interface
- Customized the workspace
- Built the Environment
- Added music
- Imported the player character asset
- Learned about Animator Controllers (AC)
- Made animations by creating bool(ean)s, triggers, transitions, setting conditions, etc.
- Set Rigidbody physics to give your player gravity, set constraints, set collision boundaries to make it collide with the environment.
- Added sound effects
- Added player movement scripts
- - Variables and Functions
- -- Awake, FixedUpdate, Move (Normalization), Turning (Raycasting, Quaternions), Animating
- Learned what Orthographic means, versus Isometric
- Wrote the CameraFollow script to make the camera follow our player character
- - Public & Private Variables
- -- Target, smoothing
- - Functions
- -- Start
- -- FixedUpdate