Download this episode
Download Unity3D here:
Download the Nightmares asset package from the Unity Asset Store here: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/40756
Sarah Sexton is a Technical Evangelist Microsoft, Chicago, IL.
- Learned about the Interface
- Customized the workspace
- Built the Environment
- Added music
- Imported the player character asset
- Learned about Animator Controllers (AC)
- Made animations by creating bool(ean)s, triggers, transitions, setting conditions, etc.
- Set Rigidbody physics to give your player gravity, set constraints, set collision boundaries to make it collide with the environment.
- Added sound effects
- Added player movement scripts
- - Variables and Functions
- -- Awake, FixedUpdate, Move (Normalization), Turning (Raycasting, Quaternions), Animating
- Learned what Orthographic means, versus Isometric
- Wrote the CameraFollow script to make the camera follow our player character
- - Public & Private Variables
- -- Target, smoothing
- - Functions
- -- Start
- -- FixedUpdate
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.