This is the ninth video in the "Ten Reasons you'll love Windows Server 2016" series exploring Containers.
In this episode you will meet Taylor Brown, a Principal Program Manager Lead on Containers team. Containers are a new and exciting technology to Windows Server 2016. Taylor starts by giving an overview of containers and the technology's evolution within the industry to the current capabilities in Windows Server 2016.
Find a topic:
- [00:46] What are containers and what are they solving for?
- [02:32] How do containers compare to virtual machines?
- [05:26] How do Hyper-V containers differ and what are the benefits?
- [07:41] What's does Docker provide for Windows Server?
- [09:31] How can you start to scale out containers?
- [11:11] How to get started?
- Get started: Windows Containers Overview
- Get in-depth training:
--- Tell me about IT | Jeffrey on Nano, Containers and the Modern App Platform
--- Containers 101 with Microsoft and Docker
--- Containers Session with Q&A
--- Containers Series
--- What's new in Windows Server 2016 Preview (Introducing Windows Server and Hyper-V Containers Module)
--- Managing Windows Containers and Hyper-V Containers using PowerShell
- Get hands-on:
--- Managing Windows Server Containers with Docker
--- Managing Windows Server Containers with Windows PowerShell
--- Windows Server 2016
Need another reason to love Windows Server 2016?
Read more about Server Management in the corresponding Windows Server blog post or find other videos and topics from this series:
- PowerShell and DSC (blog)
- Active Directory and Identity (blog)
- Server Management (blog)
- Remote Desktop Services (blog)
- Software-Defined Storage (blog)
- Software-Defined Compute (blog)
- Software-Defined Networking (blog)
- Security (blog)
- Containers (blog)
- Nano Server and Recap (blog)
What are some of the most important server management features for you? Anything you're excited to try in Windows Server 2016? Let us know in the comments below or find us on Twitter: