Ten reasons you’ll love Windows Server 2016: Server Management
This is the third video in the "Ten Reasons you'll love Windows Server 2016" series exploring Server Management.
You will meet Samuel Li in the Management Experiences group which develops management tools that allow the IT administrator to easily manage their servers. He will share with you everything you need to know around Server Management in Windows Server 2016 and where it is headed in the near future.
Find a topic:
- [01:10] What are the current investments in Server Management in Windows Server 2016?
- [03:50] PowerShell versus GUI?
- [05:00] How is the new management experience better than what is available today?
- [06:24] What are the advantages of having the tool in the Azure Portal?
- [08:52] Demo - How to provision new connections?
- [11:45] Demo - How to use gateways to remotely access server management functionality?
- [16:36] Demo - What are the current and future PowerShell features and capabilities?
- [20:33] How to get started?
- Get started: Operations Management Suite
- Get in-depth training:
--- Operations Management Suite with Q&A
--- What's new in Windows Server 2016 Preview (Automation in Windows Server 2016 Module)
--- Hybrid IT Management Part 1: Insights, Visibility, and Security Analytics
- Evaluate: Windows Server 2016
- Try: Operations Management Suite Trial
Need another reason to love Windows Server 2016?
Read more about Server Management in the corresponding Windows Server blog post or find other videos and topics from this series:
- PowerShell and DSC (blog)
- Active Directory and Identity (blog)
- Server Management (blog)
- Remote Desktop Services (blog)
- Software-Defined Storage (blog)
- Software-Defined Compute (blog)
- Software-Defined Networking (blog)
- Security (blog)
- Containers (blog)
- Nano Server and Recap (blog)
What are some of the most important server management features for you? Anything you're excited to try in Windows Server 2016? Let us know in the comments below or find us on Twitter: