Ten reasons you’ll love Windows Server 2016: Software-Defined Storage
This is the fifth video in the "Ten Reasons you'll love Windows Server 2016" series exploring Software-Defined Storage.
In today's video you will meet Elden Christensen, a Principal Program Manager on the High Availability and Storage team. He discusses the software-defined journey, redefining what we think about storage, and the radical innovations in Windows Server 2016.
Find a topic:
- [01:06] Where were we with storage in previous versions of Windows Server?
- [02:42] What is new in Windows Server 2016?
- [05:35] What is the difference between converged and hyper-converged?
- [07:33] What are the benefits with Spaces Direct?
- [08:45] What are the features and capabilities of Storage Replica?
- [10:31] What are the improvements in Storage Quads?
- [12:33] How do we make de-dupe faster and more efficient?
- [13:27] How to get started?
- Get in-depth training:
--- Tell me about IT | Jeffrey on Windows Server 2016 Storage
--- Windows Server 2016: Storage Spaces Direct Overview
--- An Introduction to Software Inventory Logging (SIL)
--- Windows Server 2016 Storage and More
--- Software-defined Storage Whitepaper
--- What's new in Windows Server 2016 Preview (Software-Defined Storage Module)
- Get hands-on:
--- Windows Server 2016
--- Windows Server 2016: Configuring Storage Spaces Direct, Storage Quality of Service, and Storage Replication
Need another reason to love Windows Server 2016?
Read more about Server Management in the corresponding Windows Server blog post or find other videos and topics from this series:
- PowerShell and DSC (blog)
- Active Directory and Identity (blog)
- Server Management (blog)
- Remote Desktop Services (blog)
- Software-Defined Storage (blog)
- Software-Defined Compute (blog)
- Software-Defined Networking (blog)
- Security (blog)
- Containers (blog)
- Nano Server and Recap (blog)
What are some of the most important server management features for you? Anything you're excited to try in Windows Server 2016? Let us know in the comments below or find us on Twitter: