Building Read Models using event streams
Did you ever had following issues?
- Data of your appication(s) is properly structured for create/update/delete operations, but read queries are (very) complicated
- You have different sets of read queries for one data structure to solve business tasks in different fields. Or even more, you have different systems solving their own tasks reading the same data
- Read queries execution is slow
- Data structure changing often, so you have to update both read and write scenarios, even if you still have to read the same data
- You always need to find a balance between read and write queries when trying to optimize interactions with a data storage (e.g. indexes for SQL storages)
If the answer is yes, then you may find it useful to apply CQRS implementation pattern. In this session I'll share my practical experience how to make your life with "Q" letter in CQRS (Command and Query Responsibility Segregation) much easer.