Download this episode
Are you building Chef cookbooks for Windows Server? Wondering where Windows PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC) fits? Steven Murawski, Chef's Principal Engineer of Community Engineering and Microsoft MVP in Cloud and Datacenter Management, discusses real-world configuration management experiences, practices, and tools. He explains how using Chef and DSC together lets you streamline the change management process and successfully deploy code and infrastructure on-demand and in-compliance.
Find a topic:
- [01:44] What is Desired State Configuration (DSC)?
- [04:27] Managing the deployment process
- [06:59] Chef Configuration Management tool
- [10:29] Impact of the Chef ecosystem on DSC
- [15:23] Using Chef to automate Microsoft environments
- [18:15] Getting started with configuration management
- [22:37] Dev resources
- Master the DevOps Fundamentals
- Visit DevOps Dimension for the latest news on DevOps practices
- Check out our DevOps blog
Take the next steps:
- Learn more about Microsoft PowerShell and PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC)
- Download The Release Pipeline Model whitepaper for additional information on topics related to PowerShell DSC
- View Seth Juarez's conversation with Jeffrey Snover on Azure Stack, Powershell, and Nano Server
- For more on Microsoft DevOps tools and technologies, watch Chef's interview with Microsoft's Corey Sanders
- Grow your DevOps understanding and skills with Microsoft Virtual Academy DevOps courses
Connect on social:
Available formats for this video:
Actual format may change based on video formats available and browser capability.
Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to send us feedback you can Contact Us.