Holland & Knight LLP - The journey to Enterprise Voice and Unified Communications in a Professional Services Organization
With over 20 domestic and international offices, Holland & Knight LLP has over 1,000 lawyers which provide representation in litigation, business, real estate and governmental law. Come listen as the Firm's CIO and Communications Manager discuss the business and technical drivers for moving to Lync 2013 Enterprise Voice and how they are working with their users to embrace the Unified Communications platform.
This session will cover:
- How Holland and Knight made the decision for Lync.
- How Lync compares to more established voice providers.
- ROI analysis of upgrading our traditional PBX versus replacing with Lync.
- Key RFP decision criteria considered.
- The design – why we centralized the infrastructure and how Superstorm Sandy drove further DR/BC requirements.
- End-user needs – how we met the need of non-techie users who just wanted dial tone on a traditional phone.
- The implementation plan – discuss our methodology on how change management is key to ensuring a successful deployment in a non-technical environment with a cross section of demographics with varying degrees of need and desire to embrace change.
- Pilot user feedback – what our users like and don't like.
- Current status, next steps, and lessons learned to date. Technology decisions – how and why we decided on: a. Session Boarder Controllers; b. SIP versus PRI; c. Polycom versus SNOM phones; d. VVX versus CX series phones; e. Tandberg versus Polycom room video conferencing
We will poll the audience at the beginning of the session and tailor the discussion to be more technical or business centric depending on the results.