Cargill's Lync 2013 Implementation
Please join us for an engaging look at Cargill's Journey to Lync 2013! In 2005, Cargill had 55 vendors providing collaboration services (voice, email, faxing, presence, IM, conferencing). By 2013 under a Unified Communication and Collaboration strategy Cargill had consolidated its internal collaboration offerings down to two vendors. Microsoft is our UCC platform, while we continue to maximize and earn value from our on premise voice technology investments. Microsoft Lync has delivered cost reductions, valuable connectivity to our customers, and has allowed us to connect and empower the Cargill global employee workforce! In this session you will hear about:
1. Value proposition, business case for change.
2. Project scope background and development of our strategy: a. Lync Phase I (complete) – Global Instant Messaging deployment (Lync 2010); b. Lync Phase II (complete) – Upgrade to Lync 2013, deploy conferencing, VOIP, Video; c. Lync Phase III (in progress) – Deploying Enterprise Voice.
3. Project timeline overview, project execution, lessons learned.
4. Architecture walkthrough: a. Unique or interesting aspects of our implementation
5. Preparing your end user community - self-help, adoption and rollout strategy.
6. Building a global support model, and training skilled resources new to Lync.
7. What the future holds for Cargill (as we move towards Enterprise Voice).