Logical Data Warehousing and Data Virtualization in Action
During the talk we will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to Logical Data Warehouse (LDW) and Data Virtualization (DV) concepts vs conventional data warehousing and ETL
- How Data Virtualization technology enables agile development of reporting solutions
- Advanced data federation concepts and optimizations
- BigData oriented performance optimization techniques for large datasets
- How to put BigData technologies (Apache Spark 2) into hands of SQL Server developers and administrators utilizing their existing skills
- Demo of how to quickly build a LDW prototype using data from multiple types of data sources (Salesforce, Oracle, MS Sql Server, MySql, etc.); partitioning and in-memory optimizations; employing BigData platform for on-premise and hybrid cloud processing.