Containers with Docker and Microsoft
Ben Armstrong, Principal Program Manager at Microsoft talks about virtualization and how it technically compares to containerization and Docker.
- [01:36] - How is containerization different than virtualization?
- [03:19] – How does the container abstraction work from the host OS?
- [05:38] – How might you move a container on-premises to a cloud hosted provider like Azure?
- [07:34] - What about Docker Files?
- [08:10] - What is the story around the Microsoft and Docker partnership?
Breaking down the Windows AND Linux guys barriers
- [12:40] - What has the Hyper-V team been doing with Docker?
- [13:24] - How does Docker work with Hyper-V?
- [14:40] - What do you do about management and high-availability of Docker?
- [15:50] - How does App-V relate to containerization?
- [17:30] - How does security differ between virtualization and containerization?
- [19:15] - Can you use Docker containers on Windows?
- [22:02] - What is Microsoft's Drawbridge project?
- [23:12] - What scenarios do you see people utilizing containerization for?
- [25:09] - What ways do you see people doing automation today?