Channel 9 Live: Edge Show
Get insight from DevOps experts in this panel interview shot live at TechEd NorthAmerica 2014 on the Channel 9 stage. Check out other weekly Edge Show episodes at https://aka.ms/edge. On the panel we have Richard Seroter, Mickey Gousset, and Bradley Millington and we specifically cover these questions:
- [02:08] When have you seen Development, Operations, and the Business people work well or not together?
- [05:37] Are you seeing companies bring in new "DevOps" titled employees or are they hiring from existing employees? Why?
- [08:05] How does the Microsoft Azure team utilize DevOps principles in regards to people?
- [11:52] How are you seeing infrastructure as code making an impact with DevOps?
- [14:30] Where do you see process helping or hindering with DevOps?
- [18:20] Where do you see developers desiring for operations to help them out?
- [20:05] What's the future vision of the new Microsoft Azure portal to integrate Development with Operations in the overall application lifecycle?
- [21:28] Where do you see PowerShell DSC play a part with DevOps?
- [23:00] What Open Source development tools do you (Richard) find useful which interoperate with Microsoft products and what would you like to see which doesn't exist yet?
- [24:35] Where do you (Mickey) find customers using System Center tools with DevOps?
- [25:33] Why did Microsoft create the new Microsoft Azure portal?
- [27:44] How is Microsoft embracing open source with the new Microsoft Azure portal?
- [25:08] Why don't we see Docker being supported on Windows?
- [30:44] Any general tips to companies who want to get started with DevOps?
Connect with the Edge Team: