This LOB DevCamp is designed for .NET developers building XAML based apps to learn how to modernize existing line of business (LOB) type applications.
This LOB DevCamp will help you with answers to the following questions:
- What are best practices for developing applications based on a services architecture?
- How do I move existing data and services to Windows Azure?
- How do I authenticate users of Azure based cloud services?
- How can my cloud services call internal services that aren't being moved to the cloud?
- What tools are there to help me build modern looking WPF LOB apps?
- How can I ensure my users can access my LOB apps from many devices?
Prepare yourself to get hands-on!
- MSDN Subscribers, did you know that you receive up to $150/month in Windows Azure credits and reduced rates? Activate your Windows Azure benefits using this link! Also, don't forget to install Visual Studio 2013 from the MSDN Subscriber downloads website.
- If you're not an MSDN Subscriber, activate a one-month Windows Azure trial subscription ($200 Credit) and Install Visual Studio Express 2013 at no cost
- Startup BizSpark Members, did you know that you receive up to $150/month in Windows Azure credits and reduced rates? Activate your Windows Azure benefits using this link! Also, don't forget to install Visual Studio 2013 from the MSDN Subscriber downloads website
Microsoft Virtual Academy
Microsoft Virtual Academy has courses that are the perfect complement to the training you'll get at the Dev Camp:
- Essentials of Developing Windows Store Apps using C# Jump Start
- Building Apps for Windows Phone 8 Jump Start
- XAML Deep Dive for Windows & Windows Phone Jump Start
- Windows Phone 8 Development for Absolute Beginners