The 9 Guy Around The World Thread

11 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

a little weekend reading

Back to Forum: The 9 Guy Around The World
  • User profile image
    martin_lovi​ck

should keep the bed bugs out

• User profile image
    PeterH

Which ones are these. I was looking for some of the Intel developer books. Do you have a link?

• User profile image
    martin_lovi​ck

http://developer.intel.com/design/pentium4/manuals/index2.htm from the original thread that beer posted

• User profile image
    Steve411

Got mine about three-four days ago, been reading steady and about half-through the first. Smiley

- Steve

• User profile image
    martin_lovi​ck

learning assembler is good because it enables you to understand how your compiled code actually works on the physical machine....

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

Is there any Intel 64bit, AMD 32bit and AMD 64bit equivalent to these manuals? No wonder they are being sent out for free. 32bit isn't going to last for much longer...

Ok, so the last sentence was a bit of an exaggeration, the transition from x86 to x64 will be a hard and long process, but hopefully not as long as everyone upgrading to IPv6 Smiley

Comment goes here,
    Loadsgood.

• User profile image
    martin_lovi​ck

I believ that you can download the IA64 equivelents as pdf (I dont think hard copy is available) ....dunno about AMD

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

martin_lovick wrote:
    I believ that you can download the IA64 equivelents as pdf (I dont think hard copy is available) ....dunno about AMD

What about 16Bit architecture? It would be interesting to have a laugh at the old technology Wink

EDIT: I found some PDFs of AMD 64 Bit architecture here. I haven't found any hard copies though (unless you want to print the PDFs).

Searching... Searching...
    Loadsgood.

• User profile image
    martin_lovi​ck

i belive there is a book called the Art of Assembly that has versions for 16bit, 32 bit windows and 32 bit linux....@ http://webster.cs.ucr.edu/AoA/
    also, I recall ddj microprocessor resources having the equivelent for 386 processor (whilst not 16bit may be an interesting read)

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

I found out from AMD that they will be releasing hard copies of these manuals in Q1 of next year for promotional purposes, hopefully I'll be quick enough to grab one Smiley

Thanks for the 16bit asm link Smiley
    Loadsgood.

• User profile image
    Rasesh

I have read the Art of assembly book, and its really good .... a must read for all interested in my opinion!

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.