Build Thread

64 posts

Build 2014 -- Giveaways

Back to Forum: Build
  • User profile image
    oBico

@sebam

Almost sure they will give away the new nokia 930

I think that the new nokia and a surface pro 2 will be too expensive, probably they will give away a surface 2 or a surface mini

• User profile image
    Jurion

@oBico

No it is not expensive.

The Samsung prototype at Build 2012 cost them 4.000 $ each

Build 2013 : Surface pro + type covert (1300 $ at the time, Acer tablet : 350 $, 1 year adobe subscription : 650 $, without little things like usb, skydrive etc, it's already 2300 $

• User profile image
    JonathanZhu

@0flop0:  Yes, Acadamic tickets have the same giveaway as the full tickets, I had just ask for help from build team last week

• User profile image
    Weiman

Big ad for Dell Venue 8 Pro outside Moscone, hmmm...

• User profile image
    bo55vxr

Dont get excited... we got a t-shirt today... so either MS are playing a big April fool on us and they'll give out the big stuff when it opens.... 

• User profile image
    YodaPhone

wont get there till 2am on Tuesday. stuck in newark nj. flight wont take off due to bad weather. hopefully, the giveaways arent a dud as the weather ::@

• User profile image
    JonathanZhu

A stupid and low quality t-shirt with strange smelling

• User profile image
    okshaw

We were stuck in Dallas for 6 hours

• User profile image
    marcchambers

I believe they do the giveaways after the opening keynote, as the developers are told about them during the keynote. Gotta get dat applause.

• User profile image
    JonathanZhu

When did MS give developers giveaway last year at Build 2013? During the register or after keynote?

• User profile image
    Builder01

An Xbox, seriously?!? WTF!!! A phone would have been more useful!!!

• User profile image
    bo55vxr

Yeah, as much as would have love to have one, as I am on a company ticket, I now have to declare it and give it to the company for them to raffle/auction off for charity.

• User profile image
    marcchambers

I think it's because WP 8.1 just isn't done yet.

• User profile image
    Combobulater

I would think, as is often the case, students can get a lot more than just the average Joe. Limitations are usually employee related or for the otherwise already involved/connected.

• User profile image
    Weiman

Pity they couldn't give away a Nokia 930, even a 630 would have been fine. Instead, an Xbox that will be a pain to transport can't be used in my country without a bulky voltage converter.

I'm a bit miffed, appreciate the gift card though.

• User profile image
    kendolondon

Don't know if they're doing this for all countries, but UK attendees have been provided with a code that we can use in our local Microsoft webstore so we get the correct version of the xbox for our market and don't have to carry it home.  I guess they can only do that for countries where they have the local infrastructure to deliver it though.

• User profile image
    marcchambers

If you have neither a Microsoft Store in your home country nor the Xbox One (because it hasn't launched in your region yet,) you got two $500 gift cards. Not bad.

• User profile image
    bo55vxr

The MS store in San Fran are doing a bundle deal for a 64g Surface 2 with membrane keyboard for $500 (walk away) price for build attendees so that's a good use of the gift card... plus you get another $50 gift card

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.