Build Thread

11 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Build 2017

Back to Forum: Build
  • User profile image
    GizmoHD

Has anyone heard anything about whats happening at this years Build?   Are giveaways still non-existant?   Any rumors yet?

• User profile image
    eduquint

I could not make it to the 2016 Build. It sold out too fast.

But, judging by the postings in the Channel 9 forum, it seems I didn't loose anything.

I have been going to this conference since it was called PDC, several years ago. I live in Brazil, so the cost of attending this conference is very high for me.

The registration will open in three hours. Judging by what happened last year, they will sell in seconds.

I am wondering if this year the conference will be back to the previous format or will follow the same unsuccessful 2016 one.

Any comment would be greatly appreciated.

• User profile image
    hwah

I hope there will be some kind of giveaway for the attendees.  Last year's Build was the worst one from my personal experience for attending the conference since it was PDC.  Other than no giveaway last year, the catering was terrible; every lunch during the conference is the "grab-and-go" type.  And for someone who wanted to attend a session, a ticket was needed (gave out prior to the session) before you can get in else you will have to wait at the standby line and hope someone didn't show up. This kind of ticket system to attend a session just doesn't work in my view.  If they need to limit the people who are attending a session, they should have an online registration type system so people can pre-register for sessions they want to attend...

I hope this year's Build format and logistics will go back to what the conference was used to be originally...  Focus on showing new technologies but also give the attendees something to enjoy (vs. tons of heartaches) for taking the effort to go there in person.

• User profile image
    velkly

Registration went much better this year!  The site was responsive and no wait list.  Good luck to everyone else.

• User profile image
    AdamSnow

Went smooth for me as well... My co-worker was able to secure a ticket too.

• User profile image
    eduquint

Too many requests since 9:00:00 h!!!!

• User profile image
    eduquint

UNBELIVEABLE.... Microsoft cannot have a site working!!!

• User profile image
    eduquint

WHAT IS GOING ON??????

• User profile image
    eduquint

Is anybody from Microsoft reading this blog? The site still allows registration, but does not work!!

• User profile image
    eduquint

I managed to register at 10:00 h! Unbeliveable.

• User profile image
    hchwa

With the Mix Reality announcement yesterday, I think this year's giveaway will probaly be the MR device from Acer (or from another hardware partner.)  What do you guys think?

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.