Build Post

Single Post Permalink

View Thread: Build 2016 - a big disappointment
  • User profile image
    plhester

Wow! I haven't been on this forum since attending //BUILD due to getting the flu on the flight back home. Plus I thought I was the only one feeling the way I do. I guess my own thoughts and opinions were felt by many, many others as well. Glad to know I was not the only one feeling that way.

I've attended Microsoft conferences for long time (PDC, TechEd, Ignite), and I've been to every //BUILD except the one in Redmond. They've all been awesome. Microsoft really knows how to treat developers and how to get them excited in order to "push" Microsoft technologies in the market.

This year was a HUGE let down. Horrible in every way. No giveaway, not even a lousy Band. Could not get into any of the code labs due to the crowd size. Moscone West was completely inadequate for the event. Brown bag meals were terrible. Every past Microsoft conference I've attended included hot meals on real plates with real silverware. Even the keynotes didn't reveal anything new and innovative, other than Conversations. But that isn't even innovative. Conversations are an expected evolution of Cortana and a move toward AI.

I really, really hope this is not the direction Microsoft is going with its conferences or with developers in general.