Coffeehouse Thread

11 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

100,000 App downloads to date

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Ian2

Just noticed I hit this milestone today.  Posted the graph on my blog:

http://websurfaces.co.uk/2012/11/27/just-hit-100000-phone-apps-downloaded/

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

NICE!

Truly awesome numbers Ian!

• User profile image
    Ian2

Thanks, I'm thinking this time next year I could be a millionaire (if I win the lottery)

• User profile image
    Bas

Nice job. My milestone is less impressive, but the market is a lot smaller, so hey. Still, I'm happy with my 1500+ downloads.

• User profile image
    spivonious

Congrats! Maybe it's time to put out a paid version with some new features and start making some cash.

• User profile image
    Richard.Hein

Gratz!  Big Smile

• User profile image
    Maddus Mattus

Channel9 wp7 passed 6k downloads.

• User profile image
    BitFlipper

That's really impressive, I didn't realize WP was taking off at that rate (or maybe there is some other reason your app is doing well). This motivates me to finish my guitar tuner app.

Ian, what is your feeling on free/trial/paid apps? Have you considered it with your app, or do you think in-app advertising is the way to go?

For my tuner app, I plan to have a simple tuner, plus an advanced intonation wizard that can help you to intonate your guitar using one of a few available techniques. I'm thinking I can have the free version have just the basic tuner, then upgrade to the paid version to get the intonation wizard (and maybe some other goodies too like a simple frequency counter etc).

• User profile image
    Ian2

IMO best option is a free app with an option for in app purchase.  (If you go trail from the outset you will get fewer downloads).  I have to say that although I have a good number of downloads I don't consider myself an expert on making money.  Best advice is just do it for fun (if you make any money then treat like a bonus).  That way you won't get disappointed.

• User profile image
    dentaku

, Ian2 wrote

Just noticed I hit this milestone today.  Posted the graph on my blog:

http://websurfaces.co.uk/2012/11/27/just-hit-100000-phone-apps-downloaded/

Wow.
    Can you get info about which countries the downloaders are from?

• User profile image
    Ian2

@dentaku:Yes, there is a whole bunch of metrics like that, especially since the latest store update.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.