Coffeehouse Thread

17 posts

My coolest birthday present EVER !

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    bonk

I am not saying too much yet. Today ist the 19th August , today is my birthday and I think I have just recieved my coolest birthdaypresent EVER !

• User profile image
    JohnAskew

bonk wrote:
    I am not saying too much yet. Today ist the 19th August , today is my birthday and I think I have just recieved my coolest birthdaypresent EVER !

Mine birthday is Monday, and I am going to guess you won the blog contest. I wish I could go.

• User profile image
    W3bbo

bonk wrote:

You got laid? Wink

• User profile image
    El Bruno

bonk wrote:

????

????

????

any clues ???

• User profile image
    bonk

Well, lets not be overhasty, but it seems that JohnAskew's guess could be right. Stay tuned at pdc05.blogspot.com for more info.

• User profile image
    PJausovec

Bonk, it feels like it's my birthday today Smiley

• User profile image
    JohnAskew

bonk wrote:
    Well, lets not be overhasty, but it seems that JohnAskew's guess could be right. Stay tuned at pdc05.blogspot.com for more info.

Congradulations BONK!

Fantastic! Hey, make sure they use your video at the PDC.

• User profile image
    Tommy4

Bonk where in Germany are you?  I lived for seven years there.  I lived in Idar-Oberstein and Kitzagen.

• User profile image
    bonk

JohnAskew wrote:

Congradulations BONK!
    Fantastic! Hey, make sure they use your video at the PDC.

I am not going to take a videocamera, with digicam I meant a digital photo camera. I hope that's OK too  Ooops, I should read, before answering. Yes it would be cool if they showed the video on a big screen. If I know early enough I could render a HDTV version or even cinemascope. Also Microsoft would not have to worry about any copyright thingy since everything including the music is my intelectual property edit

Tommy, I live in Dresden.

• User profile image
    bonk
  • User profile image
    eagle

Der PDC wird phantastisch sein!

Glückwünsche Bonk! 

Ich habe Freunde in Torgau und habe dort zweimal besucht.

Ich werde Sie in Las Angeles sehen!

• User profile image
    bonk

Beer28 wrote:

I only wish you'd have won a trip to a city with a cool amusement park near it!
    Technology conference = dull

At least you'll be able to go to bars.

There is disneyland in L.A. (I have been there once)

I am really looking forward to this conference. And I am not too much in it for the party. (I will participate in fun activities if I like them though) I am going there as part of my master thesis. At least I see it that way.
    I do have this aprehension that everything at PDC is slightly too cool for my taste. But we will see ....

eagle wrote:
    Der PDC wird phantastisch sein!
    Glückwünsche Bonk! 
    Ich habe Freunde in Torgau und habe dort zweimal besucht.
    Ich werde Sie in Las Angeles sehen!

Torgau is pretty close to Dresden, and at the Elbe too ...
    Are your friends east germans? Did you have contact to them before 1989 too ?
    btw: 
    Die PDC, Conference (Konferenz) is female
    und habe sie dort zweimal besucht

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

Congrats Bonk, see you there.

• User profile image
    Tom Servo

Congrats. Did they say if it was the blog entry or the 3D animation?

• User profile image
    bonk

Tom Servo wrote:
    Congrats. Did they say if it was the blog entry or the 3D animation?

Nope, I sure hope it was not just the movie Smiley

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

Beer28 wrote:
    bonk wrote:

That whole feminine/masculine thing in european languages drives most english people crazy.

The Dutch fixed that problem by just ignoring any of the rules and picking our articles at random. Horses for instance apparently have no gender (het paard). Anybody who comes from a language where gender-specific articles actually make sense always has tremendous trouble figuring out which articles to use in Dutch. Smiley

• User profile image
    eagle

bonk wrote:

Torgau is pretty close to Dresden, and at the Elbe too ...
    Are your friends east germans? Did you have contact to them before 1989 too ?
    btw: 

Genau

Torgau is on the Elbe.

I met my friends traveling in Mexico in 2000.

Ich wohnte in Bayern 1988 und keins abgebildetes die Wand würde fallen.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.