Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Adding Subs to the videos anyone?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Kerberos Mansour

Hi everyone,

I have been think about adding subs to the videos for later use (for people around the office or whatever) I live in Egypt and as such, its hard for people to understand these videos as is(the sound isn't very clear sometimes as well). I thought it would be nice if we create subs for the videos and share them...get our bosses intrested in the videos while we're at it. I realize channel9 might have some issues, so I was wondering what the rest of you (the nine guys included), think about that.

Kind Regards

• User profile image
    W3bbo

That would require creating transcriptions. The C9 guys discussed this before, and dismissed it, claiming it would take too long to do.

• User profile image
    Kerberos Mansour

Ok fair enough, 

Can we share them here? for example I had trouble hearing the "rusty_deschenes_new_2005.wmv" would it be ok for me to post a transcript or a SRT file and correct it here?

Kind Regards

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

W3bbo wrote:
    That would require creating transcriptions. The C9 guys discussed this before, and dismissed it, claiming it would take too long to do.

You don't have to wait for the admins to add a feature or reject features, you can make them yourself. There are some video transcriptions here and the more of these transcriptions we C9 users make, the more this guy can translate them into egyptian then he can edit the videos, add subtitles, and distribute them to his work mates if the C9 Team allow him to edit/distribute them.

C'mon C9ers, lets help our fellow C9ers Smiley
    Loadsgood.

• User profile image
    Kerberos Mansour

Just to Clarify,

I didn't mean translate the videos into another language. I meant sub them in English in order for international viewers, whom English is a second language to get a better idea.

From there people can translate them to whatever or read the transcripts incase there are parts they don't get or can't hear.

Thank you for the Link Loadsgood...nice to know people already done some transcripts and hope to contribute something soon.

• User profile image
    robcube

W3bbo said:

Aww, no love for your deaf and hard of hearing devs out there?

• User profile image
    rhm

robcube said:
    W3bbo said:
    *snip*

Aww, no love for your deaf and hard of hearing devs out there?

Necropost!

But since we're here... Youtube now has live transcription - surely MS Research has something up its sleeve? And the audio quality on Ch9 is much better than it was in 2005 Smiley

• User profile image
    Sven Groot

rhm said:
    robcube said:
    *snip*

Necropost!

But since we're here... Youtube now has live transcription - surely MS Research has something up its sleeve? And the audio quality on Ch9 is much better than it was in 2005 Smiley

Have you ever tried that? It's certainly good for a laugh because of how hilariously awful the speech-recognition based transcriptions are, but it's not particularly useful to anyone.

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.