Coffeehouse Thread

16 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

What is Steve Ballmer's favorite color?

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    Michael Griffiths

What is Steve Ballmer's favorite color?

Just out of curiousity Smiley

• User profile image
    Cider

The colour of money.

• User profile image
    Sabot

Michael Griffiths wrote:

Next we'll be asking what star-sign he is?

• User profile image
    Pimp Daddy

Sabot wrote:
    Michael Griffiths wrote:What is Steve Ballmer's favorite color?

Next we'll be asking what star-sign he is?

Well, now you mention it......

• User profile image
    Michael Griffiths

I've noticed a general trend towards more "subdued" and darker colors in Windows. Black, dark purple, etc are heavily prominent in the beta versions of Windows Vista. Black also debutes in Windows Server 2003.

I'm curious as to why.

One of the more arcane - and certainly absurd - ideas is that Steve B. prefers those colors, and doesn't like the "Fisher Price" colors that Bill Gates does.

More probably, it is simply that people respond to the darker colors, particularly in a "professional" or corporate vein.

Cider wrote:
    The colour of money.

Very true! I agree. Smiley

That settles that, I suppose...

• User profile image
    sbc

Cider wrote:
    The colour of money.

Green then.

• User profile image
    Cider

sbc wrote:
    Cider wrote: The colour of money.

Green then.

Well, if its a different colour elsewhere in world he'll like that too.

He likes money from everywhere, except Nebraska...

http://www.energyradio.fm/content/ballmer.asx

• User profile image
    Andre Da Costa

Michael Griffiths wrote:
    I've noticed a general trend towards more "subdued" and darker colors in Windows. Black, dark purple, etc are heavily prominent in the beta versions of Windows Vista. Black also debutes in Windows Server 2003.

I'm curious as to why.

One of the more arcane - and certainly absurd - ideas is that Steve B. prefers those colors, and doesn't like the "Fisher Price" colors that Bill Gates does.

More probably, it is simply that people respond to the darker colors, particularly in a "professional" or corporate vein.

I don't know where you got that about Purple being used a lot in Vista, its only used in the Search Window toolbar and properties bar. Other colours used include dark green, red, blue and orange and its still beta, lots more changes to come.

I personally do not like the black splash screen they started using with XP. The Windows Team should bring back the Windows NT Style splash, although thats just the log screen since NT's actually boot screen is the ugly blue part.

As for Server 2003, black is only used with the Splash screen and the Enterprise Edition product box. Grey is a more prominent colour in that edition of the product to really express its targetted audience which is Enterprise/business environments.

As for SteveB and colour, I suspect either Blue or Red.

• User profile image
    Xaero_​Vincent

Andre Da Costa wrote:
    Michael Griffiths wrote: I've noticed a general trend towards more "subdued" and darker colors in Windows. Black, dark purple, etc are heavily prominent in the beta versions of Windows Vista. Black also debutes in Windows Server 2003.

I'm curious as to why.

I don't know where you got that about Purple being used a lot in Vista, its only used in the Search Window toolbar and properties bar. Other colours used include dark green, red, blue and orange and its still beta, lots more changes to come.

I personally do not like the black splash screen they started using with XP. The Windows Team should bring back the Windows NT Style splash, although thats just the log screen since NT's actually boot screen is the ugly blue part.

As for Server 2003, black is only used with the Splash screen and the Enterprise Edition product box. Grey is a more prominent colour in that edition of the product to really express its targetted audience which is Enterprise/business environments.

Blue is over used in UIs. Look at MacOS X aqua theme.. Everything is blue.. The default theme for Windows XP, has a bunch of blue (taskbar, title bars, start menu, etc). I'm tired of blue!! Lets see more vibrant colors!

• User profile image
    Andre Da Costa

Xaero_Vincent wrote:
    Andre Da Costa wrote:
    Michael Griffiths wrote: I've noticed a general trend towards more "subdued" and darker colors in Windows. Black, dark purple, etc are heavily prominent in the beta versions of Windows Vista. Black also debutes in Windows Server 2003.

I'm curious as to why.

Blue is over used in UIs. Look at MacOS X aqua theme.. Everything is blue.. The default theme for Windows XP, has a bunch of blue (taskbar, title bars, start menu, etc). I'm tired of blue!! Lets see more vibrant colors!

You can change the theme from in Desktop Properties Appearance Tab and choose a different theme such as Silver or Olive.

• User profile image
    Heywood_J

Michael Griffiths wrote:
    What color are DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS

• User profile image
    dotnetjunkie

sbc wrote:

Green then.

Ah, that's why the default background wallpaper in Windows always has so much green in it Big Smile

• User profile image
    TommyCarlier

Most of the time, his face is red. So I think red might be his favo(u)rite colo(u)r.

• User profile image
    jamie

BLACK

ie....not in the RED

• User profile image
    NeoTOM

Michael Griffiths wrote:

|S developers developers developers      S|>

• User profile image
    erik_

The color scheme of windows or any other product is probaly based on research about what is good for your eyes when you look long at it and what most people like, and other stuff.

So the product hits the market. If research tells you that your product will sell 50 times better if it is pink, what color are you gonna make it then? black and make no or less money or make it pink and maby dislike the color yourself, but sell a lot...

Steve may like the color red very much, and can probaly make windows completly red. But if 80% of the world likes a blue theme then it would be damn stupid to make a red theme.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.