Coffeehouse Thread

12 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Happy Birthday Windows 95! (8/24)

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    MasterPi

from Microsoft Monitor

Will we do something special today C9?

We should all at least be in chat tomorrow in the morning (EST).

mVPstar

• User profile image
    Manip

Translation...

Windows 95's birthday tomorrow (24/8)

Smiley

• User profile image
    MasterPi

Manip wrote:
    Translation...

Silly, there isn't a 24th month!

Wink
    mVPstar

• User profile image
    W3bbo

Manip wrote:
    Translation...

Lets do it in an internationally recognised, ISO-standardised manner:

"Windows '95's birthday is tomorrow (Date: 2005-08-24)"

I'll remind you that technically it was called "Windows '95" rather than "Windows 95"

So nerrrr Smiley

• User profile image
    Spitfire15

My goodness, My first PC I used was using Windows 95 on a Dell. Oh well, at least it was top of the range at the time. Smiley

• User profile image
    NeoTOM

WINDOWS 95- THE FUTURE IS NOW!

• User profile image
    rjdohnert

Spitfire15 wrote:
    My goodness, My first PC I used was using Windows 95 on a Dell. Oh well, at least it was top of the range at the time.

My first PC that I had that I really utilized was an Apple II It had two Floppy disks, Im talking really floppy and it had a Tape interface as well, it had kilobytes of memory not MB and it had no hard disk.  It ran Apple DOS.  I managed to skip the nightmare that was Windows 9x

• User profile image
    Catatonic

The past comes back to haunt me!

Bandwagon

• User profile image
    mbazzoni

From my Blog: http://bazzoni.blogspot.com/2005/08/windows-95-chicago-10-years-later.html

Wow, it was 10 years ago today that Windows 95 (codename: Chicago) was released. I was lucky enough to go to the release event in Chicago at Navy Pier with my friend Mike and we even rode the new McDonald's Ferris Wheel.

The next day we appeared in a picture on the front cover of the Chicago Tribune Business section. We were sitting in the front row for a big screen viewing of the actual release hosted by Jay Leno and Bill Gates in Seattle. I still have that newspaper hanging on my wall in my office. Since then I contacted some people at Microsoft and got a Windows 95 user license signed by Bill Gates. I plan to put that and a Windows 95 CD together in a nice frame for posterity.

I can't believe that it has been 10 years. That day we all officially moved from the DOS era to the Windows era. We moved towards FAT32 and NTFS. Since then, how many things have happened in computers. What happened to the Internet in the last 10 years? What about all the companies that sprung up because of this new Operating System? Wow, it really is something looking back at how much has happened.

Now we are looking forward to things like Windows Vista. Will it mark a new era as well? Only time will tell. I wonder if they will have the same kind of release that they did for Windows 95. I wonder if I'll get invited...

• User profile image
    jamie

hey look - its the vista address bar (circa 93)

of course we were all running Norton Desktop then..

• User profile image
    jamie
  • User profile image
    jlowgren

I only have bad memories of Windows 95. I present to you my one true love:

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.