Coffeehouse Thread

7 posts

Problem with the Profile page!

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    dotnetjunkie

Sorry, found a kind of annoying bug Wink

When you go to someone's Profile page (/Niners/nick), it's cool that you can click through to a certain message...

BUT:

This only works if the message is on page 1 of a topic!!!
    So as soon as a message is on page 2, 3, etc... it just goes to the first page, which is of course very annoying because you would have to search all the pages to find and reach the user's post!

So hereby a kind request to fix this Smiley

Thanks!

• User profile image
    jamie

where is "all posts" link??

where are my 300+ threads?

also - great it looks like a blog - so why are you putting replies in that list --  ARRGGGG  please fix

• User profile image
    Titan

I don't understand your errror description.

C

• User profile image
    dotnetjunkie

Let me explain it again then for you, Titan:

If you go to a Profile page, you see all the replies of that user, and you can click on the title.

That should take you to that post within the topic.

But like I said: this only works if that posts is on the FIRST page of a topic.

I hope this will be fixed soon!
    I use that functionality a lot, and I'm sure many users do...

• User profile image
    Loadsgood

jamie wrote:

where is "all posts" link??

where are my 300+ threads?

also - great it looks like a blog - so why are you putting replies in that list --  ARRGGGG  please fix

Yeah and remove the Watch this thread button while you're at it. The watch this thread functionality is dead so remove the button and replace it with an ink button! (or make ink a third tab...)

Yay! Great design!

• User profile image
    AdamKinney

dotnetjunkie wrote:
    Let me explain it again then for you, Titan:

If you go to a Profile page, you see all the replies of that user, and you can click on the title.

That should take you to that post within the topic.

But like I said: this only works if that posts is on the FIRST page of a topic.

I hope this will be fixed soon!
    I use that functionality a lot, and I'm sure many users do...

Fixed, thanks for the report. Smiley

• User profile image
    jamie

i just noticed that on the profile page - it isnt listing your threads at all - its listing only replies

( i thought it was both before cause current threads were still there from before the change over)

if you check the RSS feed under profile - you will see all the user threads - but on the page its all meaningless replies to other peoples threads

please fix this, add a sort by / date/replies etc,
    put the total post count back, page count at bottom ( Viewing page 1, 2, 3, 4...)   make replies and "All threads" their own links (displayed in details view like coffeehouse)

and my main issues with the re-design will all have been addressed

Smiley

Comments closed

Comments have been closed since this content was published more than 30 days ago, but if you'd like to continue the conversation, please create a new thread in our Forums, or Contact Us and let us know.