Coffeehouse Thread

8 posts

Forum Read Only

This forum has been made read only by the site admins. No new threads or comments can be added.

Tag topics

Back to Forum: Coffeehouse
  • User profile image
    PeterH

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned, but I was wondering if there were any plans to add functionality to the 'Add Topic' page so that we can (optionally) tag our topics.

While I'm sure many people will choose not to tag their topics I know that I would spend those extra few seconds and make the site just that little bit more orginised.

By the way, I love the new design, great work C9. Big Smile

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

Good idea Peter. I was actually thinking the very same thing when I first saw the tag feature. I quickly navigated to the new topic screen to see if tags were implemented there. Unfortunately, they aren't.

• User profile image
    AdamKinney

Thanks for the suggestion. We've talked about this some and are exploring different ideas on Niners tagging content as well.

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

Thanks Adam. Just a suggestion though, which may already be apparent... perhaps Niner content should be separated from the officially released and tagged content? Enhancing the tags page by allowing you to view content by users, officially released media, or both?

• User profile image
    sbc

If somone tags a post and it is a new topic, all replies could also have that tag, but also the one replying could add another tag.

It would be good if you could go into a users profile and see what tags they have applied. You see a list of tags on the left and click on them to see the posts they made with that tag. For example, you could go to Minh's or Jamie's profile and click on the 'C9Park' tag to see their comic strips. Or go to W3bbo's and see 'Web Standards' or Beer28 and see 'Linux' and 'Microsoft is Evil' (that tag would probably go on all his posts! Wink).

An overall tag list sorted by amount for each forum would be good as well.

• User profile image
    jamie

that sounds like a better idea than a dedicated c9park forum

C9park may or may not jibe MS from time to time - so its better in the coffeehouse where that sort of thing is "legal"
     Wink

• User profile image
    sbc

jamie wrote:
    that sounds like a better idea than a dedicated c9park forum

C9park may or may not jibe MS from time to time - so its better in the coffeehouse where that sort of thing is "legal"

And you should be able to tag your previous posts, so no need to repost to a new forum.

• User profile image
    Tyler Brown

I agree with everything above, which would likely result in a more useful user profile page. Right now it's just a quick blurb on the right about the person, with replies/posts thrown in for the main content. It'd be really nice to see a more flexible user profile page with the tags as the focal point. This way you can see the topics that this user is interested in, so that you get a feel towards who they are. Right now you can't tell anything really just from looking at the user profile page.

Conversation locked

This conversation has been locked by the site admins. No new comments can be made.